I personally don't think so, as i can eat them every day, all day long!!!!
I decided on scones since they are easy to make and yet so tasty!
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup demerara sugar
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1 Tbsp sections
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 2 oranges
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup demerara sugar
2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
sweet mascarpone cheese to serve
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or if using a scone pan, lightly grease pan with oil spray.
In the bowl of a food processor pulse together together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add pieces of butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, vanilla . orange zest and milk. Add to flour/butter mixture and pulse only a few times until combined
(don't over mix or the scones will be tough). Remove from food processor and place in a lightly floured surface. Fold in the blueberries and blackberries and knead dough gently 5 or 6 times. Pat into a circle that is about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Places scones in baking sheet or scone pan.
in a small bowl whisk together flour and sugar. Add small pieces of cold butter and with a fork, cut butter until crumbly. Top each scone with a tablespoon of streusel.
Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of scones comes out clean. Cool on a rack and serve the same day with a dollop of sweetened mascarpone cheese.
1. Joan, Chocolate Chocolate and More - Lemon Blueberry Pound cake
2. Charity, Foodlets – Strawberry - Banana Popsicles
3. Jamie, Green Beans & Grapefruit - Mixed Berry & Cookie Butter Clafouti
4. Hani, Haniela’s – Red Currant Meringue Cake
5. Katrina, In Katrina’s Kitchen - Frozen Blueberry Basil Lemonade Pies
6. Sue, Munchkin Munchies - English Matrimonials
7. Bia, Rich and Sweet - Blueberry Blackberry Orange Streusel Scones
8. Sam, Sams Kitchen - Eton Mess Mini Cheesecakes
9. Sherron, Simply Gourmet Photography - Mulberry Syrup
10. Ann, Sumptuous Spoonfuls - Strawberry Chia Jam11. Karen, Trilogy Edibles - Meringue Nest with a Bumbleberry Compote